Write A Great Personal Statement and Supplemental Essays With These Tips and Resources
As the holiday season approaches, many college bound seniors are taking advantage of some time off in order to catch up on their college applications. Essays can be the most time-consuming and stressful part of the college admissions process, however, with the right tools and resources, students can put together compelling and thoughtful essays well before the looming application deadlines.
The US admissions process is holistic, meaning that colleges take into consideration the entire applicant, not just his or her grades and test scores. “Soft factors,” like recommendation letters, activities, and essays, among others, are just as important as the “hard factors” like grades, test scores, courses, and more. This is why it’s critical for students to take time to put together the best application possible – including taking time to write a great essay.
Here are 19 college application essay resources to help students start – and finish – their personal statements and supplemental essays.
- 10 College Application Essay Dos and Don’ts
- 2017-18 Quirky College Application Essay Prompts
- 2017-18 Common Application Supplements and Essay Prompts
- 3 College Application Essay Mistakes Admissions Officers See Every Year
- 5 Common College Application Essay Myths
- 6 Tips For Recording a College Application Video Essay
- Ask One Simple Question to Improve Your College Application Essay
- Boo! Scary Grammar and Spelling Mistakes That Are Easy to Avoid
- Brainstorming Tips for College Application Essays
- Class of 2022: Have You Started On Your College Applications and Essays?
- College Essay Brainstorming and Writing Timeline for Rising Seniors
- College Essay Writing Tips for Rising Seniors
- How to Answer Those Unusual College Application Essay Questions
- How to Write Great Supplemental College Application Essays
- How to Write the "Why This College?" Essay
- Last Minute Tips for Your College Admissions Essays
- Resources to Help You Write an Excellent College Admissions Essay
- The Best and Worst Topics for a College Application Essay
- Tips for Supplemental Essays
The essay isn’t the most important part of the college application, but it can be the most time-consuming. Make sure your entire college application is comprehensive, complete, and thoughtful – not just the essay. For help making sure your application is ready for submission, contact us today for more information on our Application Review and other services for high school seniors.