Now’s the Time for Students to Think About How to Spend Their Summer Breaks
It may only be March, but summer break will be here before you know it, and students need to have a solid plan for how to spend their time off from school.
Colleges like to see what students are doing inside and outside of the classroom, including how students spend their summer breaks. Colleges want to see students engaging in their core interests and continuing their current activities even when school isn’t in session.
For many students this can include securing a summer job or internship related to their interests, continuing a club or after school activity, or attending a summer program. Students should start planning their summer as soon as possible, especially if they’d like to attend a summer program, as many application deadlines are as early as March.
The summer is also a good time for rising high school seniors to get a head start on their application essays in addition to their other summer activities.
Starting to plan early for the summer can seem daunting, but there are a number of resources out there to help you decide the most productive way to spend your summer break.
Check out our list of summer planning resources below!
- Juniors: How to Make the Most of Your Summer
- Summer Activity Planning: How to Make the Most of Your Break
- Are You Having a Productive Summer Break?
- No Summer Plans? Here’s How to Have a Productive Summer Break
- What Seniors Need To Be Doing This Summer
- The Truth About Getting Ahead: Starting College Applications in the Summer
- Summer Program and Activity Ideas For Performing Arts Students
- Summer Programs for STEM Students
- Finding Summer Internships that Match Your Interests
- Dr. Kat’s List: Five Colleges with Great Summer Programs for Undergraduates
- Summer Programs for High School Students
- Summer Activity Ideas for High School Students
- IvyWise Summer Reading List
- Recommended Reading for High School Students
- Fight Summer Brain Drain: How to Learn and Continue College Prep Over the Summer
- Summer College Prep Checklist for All Grades
- Summer Test Prep Checklist for Rising Juniors and Seniors
- Summer College Prep Checklist for Rising High School Seniors
- Summer Planning Checklist For Rising College Freshmen
There are a number of things that students can be doing now to plan for the summer! At IvyWise we work with students to help them identify productive summer plans that help them further pursue their interests and, ultimately, stand out when it comes time to apply to college. For more information on how IvyWise can help you plan the perfect summer activity, contact us today!