Here’s What International Students Need to Know About Applying to College in the US
As the admissions season for the class of 2019 wraps up, a new crop of anxious college bound students is getting closer to starting their own admissions journey. For international students interested in studying at a US university, the application process can be confusing as the US admissions process is very different from other parts of the world.
As an international applicant it’s important to know how the US admissions process works and what’s required of international students. Testing requirements very from college to college, as well as things like additional transcript materials, recommendations, and more. This is why it’s important for all applicants, especially those outside the US, to get a head start on planning for college.
At IvyWise our goal is to make the college admissions process easy and smooth for students, including those across the world. That’s why we’ve updated our comprehensive International Guide, a 12-page handbook that covers everything international students need to know about applying to US colleges, from what colleges are looking for to documentation and testing requirements.
If you live outside the US and are interested in applying to a US university, click here to get your free International Guide!
In addition to our comprehensive International Guide, IvyWise also has many informative articles that can help international applicants better understand the US admissions process. Here are some additional resources for international college applicants:
College Counseling and Prep
- The Truth About College Prep: Why Students Should Start Early
- The Truth About Building a Balanced College List
- 4 Key Tips For Ivy League Admission
- How International Parents Can Research U.S. College Safety
- Tips For International College Students: How to Make an Easy Transition into American College Life
- Demonstrated Interest: What You Need to Know
The Admissions Process
- Applying to US Colleges as an International Student
- Advice for Canadian Students: Getting into a US University
- What Canadians Need to Know About Applying to U.S. Colleges
- The Truth About Need-Aware Admissions
- The Truth About Applying to a U.S. University as an International Student
- What Are Some Tips for International Students Applying to U.S. Colleges?
- The Truth About Standardized Tests: How They Affect Your College Application
- The Truth About SAT and ACT Test Prep
- SAT v. ACT: The Basics
- Changes Coming to the SAT in 2016
- How College Applications are Evaluated
- 10 Things You Need To Know To Successfully Navigate The Common App
- The Truth About Applying Early Decision or Early Action