Drexel Adds Early Decision Application Option, Class of 2020 Mindset List
Back to school season is here and it’s time for students to get serious about applying to college. Staying informed is key to having a successful admissions season, and he we have the top college admissions news for you right here!
As students prepare for the new school year it’s important for them to come into the semester ready to work. Staying on track for college admissions is crucial, and it’s easy to catch up by getting organized, staying informed, and staying on top of your college prep timeline.
At IvyWise we like to make applying to college easier by keeping families informed on the latest college admissions and higher education news, trends, and developments.
Here are some of the latest higher education and college admissions news stories from the past week.
1. Drexel University announced this week that it will be adding an Early Decision application option starting with the Class of 2021. Students now have the option to apply through the Early Decision, Early Action, or Regular Decision rounds.
2. Not sure whether Early Decision, Early Action, or any of the other early application options are right for you? Learn about Early Action vs. Early Decision and whether or not you should consider applying to your top-choice college early.
3. Beloit College released its annual Mindset List for the Class of 2020. See what the world is like through the eyes of this year’s freshman class.
4. Interested in an online degree program? Students can learn about potential programs be doing research on social media. IvyWise counselor Nat spoke with US News this week about how students can use social media outlets to learn more about online offerings.
Read more about how you can use social media to benefit your education in Nat's discussion with @usnews! (Link in bio) Don't forget to follow us for upcoming IvyWise Twitter Chats! . . . . #ivywise #applyaspireachieve #collegeapps #senior2017 #backtoschool #education #business #counseling #college #tipoftheday #applytocollege #collegeapplicationseason #learning #collegeadmissions #socialmedia #tips
A photo posted by IvyWise (@followivywise) on
5. We all know the college admissions landscape is more competitive than ever. Is it because students are getting smarter every year? IvyWise counselor Nat offers some insight in this Cincinnati Enquirer article.
6. In an effort to get ahead and be competitive in the college admissions process, many students are taking summer school – something previously used just to catch up.
7. Interning this summer? Get the most out of it before you head back to school.
9. Class of 2020: Dr. Kat has some tips to help you survive your first midterms.
Do you plan to apply early to your top-choice college? How do you use social media to research colleges? Tell us in the comments below!